The Turks & Caicos Islands offers a unique combination of some of the world's most beautiful waters, a diverse and intimate group of islands and cays, a historically low tax environment, high quality properties and wonderful accessibility from the United States and Canada, as well as one-stop flights from London. An inviting landscape and inviting people define these islands.
INVESTMENT & LIFESTYLE BENEFITS
- There are no restrictions on foreign property ownership.
- Title can be held personally or in a local Corporation or Trust.
- There is no imposed requirement to develop land within a stipulated time. Undeveloped land can be held indefinitely for future use or investment.
- A Permanent Residency Certificate can be qualified for with a Real Estate Investment under certain parameters.
- The Turks & Caicos Islands are a British Dependent Territory. This status ensures a stable political environment and trusted legal system.
- The British Crown guarantees (fee simple) Absolute Title by way of Torrens Land Registration System. Title Insurance is not required.
- The Turks & Caicos have a modern land registry system, making transfer of title simple and accurate.
- A Government Planning and Development Authority oversees all building codes and development plans to ensure the highest standards of land use and construction are maintained.
- The Turks & Caicos public and private sectors have developed an efficient infrastructure including ports, international airport, road systems, schools and utilities.
- Reliable communication facilities including land based and cellular services, high speed and wireless internet.
- The United States dollar is the primary currency.
- Easy commute from major hubs in the US and Canada as well as London, England.
- No Income Taxes on revenue generated from property.
- No Capital Gains Tax on property transfers.
- No Estate or Inheritance Taxes.
- No Corporate Taxes or Exchange Controls.
- Indirect taxation comprises customs duties, stamp duty on certain transactions, and departure tax.
- A one time Stamp Duty charge is payable to the TCI Government on the purchase of your property.
- Along with Real Estate Development growth the Turks & Caicos Islands have experienced a steady appreciation in property values.
- Turks & Caicos Tourism has experienced a steady increase over the past decade and is a top destination for travelers with many repeat visitors.
Visitors and owners from the US, Canada and beyond have discovered and coveted our award-winning beaches and island community, with many echoing the sentiment that they have found in the Turks & Caicos Islands a unique and highly accessible blend of compelling lifestyle, homes and properties, services and quality amenities unlike any other island chain in the region.
Find a Property